Open Call Fall 2017 Residency
Application Deadline :
Thursday March 30, 2017
For more information, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
La Petite Escalère accepts applications for the Fall 2017 residency. This call for applications is open to photographers from all nationalities.
The resident must choose the dates for his/her residency period—3 or 4 weeks without interruption—between September 25 and November 19, 2017. La Petite Escalère offers a 650 euros stipend along with roundtrip expenses.
Fall 2017 residency: September 25 – November 19, 2017
Application deadline : March 30, 2017
Meeting with short list applicants (videoconference or phone): before May 5, 2017
Final selection announcement: May 12, 2017
Residents are selected by LPE’s Board, together with an artistic committee comprised of distinguished art professionals, artists and/or intellectuals selected in the discipline of the residence.
Criterions for acceptance are artistic excellence and commitment, affinity with LPE’s mission and the ability to speak French, English or Spanish in order to facilitate the resident’s stay at LPE and the outreach around his/her work. If not required, a valid driver’s licence will be prefered.
Applications should be sent by e-mail, wetransfer, DropBox or equivalent no later than March 30, 2017 to email@example.com, named following the template: Residence_2-2017_LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME.
Applications should include the following documents all assembled in one PDF file named following the template : LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_LPE_R2-2017.pdf:
- the application form (download here). Please note that this form cannot be substituted by a résumé /cv;
- a letter describing the applicant’s interest in the residency and how the program can be an asset in his/her career, a his/her creative process, along with his/her project for the residency (2 pages maximum) ;
- 30 images with captions presenting the candidate’s work with a emphasis on the last 5 years of practice;
- for artists working for less than 10 years only, two recommendation letters by an authority in the candidate’s field who is familiar with his/her work ;
- a copy of valid driver’s licence if applicable.
NB: Thank you for following those instructions which insure better application processing. All documents must be sent together in one e-mail / link, and in a single PDF file. No reminder will be sent and no additional documents will be accepted. Incomplete applications will be discarded.