Open Call for Spring 2015 ResidencyVisual Artists
Application Deadline: 10 novembre 2014.
La Petite Escalère accepts applications for the Spring 2015 residency. This call for applications is open to visual artists from all nationalities working with or on paper – drawing, watercolor, artist book, collage, sculpture, etc.
La Petite Escalère lance un appel à candidature pour une résidence d’artiste plasticien au printemps 2015. Cet appel s’adresse à tous les plasticiens ayant une pratique en lien avec le papier (support ou médium) – dessin, aquarelle, collage, pliage, livre d’artiste, sculpture, etc.
The resident must choose the dates for his / her residency between April 27 and June 28, 2015—a minimum of 1 week (2 for international artists) and up to 4 weeks at a time. La Petite Escalère offers a 650 euros stipend per week and covers transportation expenses from and to the garden.
Spring 2015 residency: April 27 – June 28, 2015
Application deadline : November 10, 2014
Meeting with short list applicants (teleconference or phone) : before January 12, 2015
Final selection announcement : January 19, 2015
Applications should be sent only by mail no later than October 25, 2013 (postmark) to the following address:
La Petite Escalère
4, boulevard de Strasbourg, 7ème étage
75010 PARIS – France
NB : please no mail that require signature at the time of delivery
Applications should include the following documents :
- the application form (see below). Please note that this form cannot be replaced by a résumé;
- a letter describing the applicant’s interest in the residency and how the program can be an asset in his/her career, a his/her creative process, along with his/her project for the residency (2 pages maximum) ;
- a CD/DVD including 30 images with captions (formats .jpg ou .pdf) presenting the candidate’s work with a emphasis on the last 5 years of practice, along with a printed selection of 15-20 images;
- for artists working for less than 10 years only, two recommendation letters by an authority in the candidate’s field who is familiar with his/her work ;
- for French residents only, a proof of subscription to the Maison des artistes or the Agessa for the current year ; o a copy of valid driver’s licence ;
- a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of material.
NB: All documents must be sent together. No reminder will be sent and no additional documents will be accepted. Incomplete applications will be discarded.